What to expect from the Work Connect programme
Before the programme
The programme includes 10 hours of workshops and individual coaching delivered from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
If you're eligible, we will email you different times to choose from for your first workshop.
During the programme
The programme includes:
- Workshops about New Zealand’s workplace culture, job searching tips and interview skills (7 hours).
- Three one-to-one coaching sessions with a professional career consultant (1 hour each).
After the programme
When you complete the programme you'll know how to identify and build on your skills. You will also be equipped with job searching and networking strategies for the New Zealand employment market. We can’t guarantee you'll get a job, however we'll continue to support you after the programme.
What we expect from you
- It’s important to note that the programme is available during weekdays within normal working hours. Make sure you have enough time to participate before you apply, especially if you have commitments such as study, a part-time job or children.
- The programme workshops and coaching sessions are run at the Work Connect offices in central Wellington, central Hamilton, Eden Terrace in Auckland and Burnside in Christchurch. You need to be able to travel to the office in your area.
- Email is our primary form of communication, so check your email regularly after you apply.
- If you can’t attend a scheduled workshop or coaching session you should let us know beforehand and arrange another time.
- You are expected to commit to completing the Work Connect programme within 4 to 6 weeks.
Updated 18 Feb 2019