Dillon Scholarship

Related scholarships

On this page

What does the scholarship get me?

Up to $5,000 pa

Closing dates for applications

Next: 6 December 2019

Length of award

Maximum of four years full time study.
For part time students the scholarship may be given for up to five years.

Number of awards offered


Purpose of award

The Trust operates and funds the Dillon Scholarship which provides financial assistance to people who have significant disabilities and who will be undertaking tertiary education.

Selection criteria

1. Students planning to go to or are already at University or polytechnic or other New Zealand based institution recognised by NZQA.
2. Students whose home base is within the Bay of Plenty.

What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?

Scholarship recipients are required to forward a brief progress report or their results to the Trust at mid-year and at the close of each academic year.

How do students apply?

Applications should be made in the year prior to the year of tertiary education. There is no age limit for applicants. Applications are open only between October and December.
Application Form

How and when do students learn of the decision?

Scholarship funds will be released to successful applications on receipt of all required documents and proof of registration at the tertiary institution of their choice.

Decision makers

All applications will be assessed by a panel of Trustees. Some applicants may be asked to meet with the panel.

History or background of award

Baytrust operates and funds the Dillon Scholarship.

Additional information

The scholarship funds will be released to the successful applicants upon proof of registration at the tertiary institution of their choice.

For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact

Terri Eggleton
Community Development Advisor
PO Box 13-322, Tauranga 3141
(07) 578 6546
(07) 578 7357


Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in November 2019.