Giving great school presentations
Questions to help prepare a presentation
Before you prepare to give a presentation with a school, here are some key questions to ask yourself:
- What do learners already know about your industry?
- What do you want learners to know about your work?
- What will be meaningful to learners?
- What are some interesting facts about what you do?
- How does your work solve problems in the world?
- What is changing in your industry?
- What skills do learners need to work in your industry?
- What tertiary training do learners need to work in your industry?
- What do you like about what you do?
- How can you include questions and activities into your presentation?
Employer tips for school presentations
Spark excitement with Industry Big Day Outs - video
Industry Big Day Outs, run by Careers New Zealand, are a fun way to present your business to learners.
75 Year 10 to Year 13 learners in Whangarei were inspired to explore opportunities in Northland's growing horticulture and agriculture sector at the Careers New Zealand Industry Big Day Out. (Video - 3:12 minutes)
Find out more
Careers New Zealand website
Updated 2 Oct 2019